23 Things Cambridge

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Getting started

One of the most memorable tips I picked up from a time management course (run by Patricia McBride) some while ago is that when faced with a large or daunting task you should make a start when you have limited time. That way you'll have something to go back to when you have more time to devote to it, and won't be faced by the 'blank page' scenario. So it is that I make my first tentative steps into the blogosphere with a train to catch within the hour...

I was grateful for the gentle launch into the 23 Things programme last week (more reflections on RSS and iGoogle to follow), buoyed by a confidence that, perhaps yes, this will be manageable after all. A week closer to the end of term, and other demands press in hard, but I'm still glad that there' s a timetable for the programme to help keep focused, and encourage me to make the space I need to explore these 'things'.

More anon...

3 comments:

  1. I think there will be a lot of Cam23 participants who feel that time is short, but I hope that the bite-sized nature of the programme helps. And that's a really good time management tip - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip about tackling Cam23 when time is short. I have spent several hours trying to do individual things. The instructions are easy to follow but I spend ages trying to think up a name for the blog and what to write in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lkie that time management tip - really helpful!

    ReplyDelete