23 Things Cambridge

Friday 4 June 2010

Slow progress


Squeezing 'Thing 3' into the end of Wednesday didn't leave enough time to get it all done, but I was greatly cheered to cycle off with positive thoughts about how to smarten up my iGoogle page before moving on to 'Thing 4', and how my blog might take shape during this Cam23 period.

The end of Friday has brought a new theme for iGoogle and a banner for this blog, with grateful thanks to Ange and Andy for the ingenuity and spreading the word. Choosing a theme for iGoogle was simple enough, though I wasn't greatly enamoured of the selection pictures I looked. I tried customising my own theme, intending to use a picture of the Lee Library entrance I took last summer and used for our induction poster (see left), but the narrow selection Google allowed wouldn't have done it justice, so I reverted to the pre-set theme selection, and am content with Felix the cat for now. I wasn't expecting Google to appropriate my own Lee Library picture for Picasa (there doesn't seem any way to avoid this), and must look to check whether it's still there even though I cancelled the operation.

I could and perhaps should spend more time beautifying my sites before registering them with the Cam23 blog, but that'd be akin to stumbling at the first hurdle. Consider these then, please, as works in progress. More anon...

No comments:

Post a Comment